Panel menus have disappered

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 13:59:09 UTC 2005

I have Warty upgraded to Hoary.

This probably sounds ridiculous, but it has happened!

I added the "Character  Palette"  to the top panel, opened it to have a
look at it, and the  Applications, Places, Computer, Web browser,
Evolution and Help icons all disappeared. I can't find a way of getting
them back, even after I have deleted the Character Palette from the
panel. The date/time, and upgrade icons are still there on the right
hand side.

Have tried booting from the GDM into Default, Last Session, and Gnome.
But  it's still the same. I have also tried rebooting and switching off
and restarting.

How on earth do I get the missing items back, please?

Sending this with my other Ubuntu (not upgraded) installation.

Many thanks

Keith