Lost my Desktop preferences !

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 14 13:53:20 UTC 2005

Le lundi 14 février 2005 à 12:40 +0100, Vincent Trouilliez a écrit :

>log-in : the side pane width is reset. Maybe that's a clue, where is
>this evoluition setting stored in ? ISTR reading on this list, that some
>of evolutions settings were stored in  /usr, not /~
>Maybe I lost write permission somewhere in /usr, not /~ .
>But where exactly...

Hi,

Evolution uses gconf (~/.gconf) to store the settings and ~/.evolution
to store the datas.

Apparently you have an issue with gconf. Is your home a local
directory ?
What's the output of "gconftool-2
-g /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename" ? Does it change when you
select an another background ?

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher