Applications menu : icons disappear !!!

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sun Feb 13 15:22:34 UTC 2005

WTF ?!?#$*µ%+°!:"#~&@/

All of a sudden, the icon I put for XawTv in the "multimedia" menu,
disappeared ! I had XawTV running, closed it. I played X-Plane for a few
minutes, exit. Then go to the menu to start XawTV and ho he huh... where
is the icon ?! :-O

Is Warty losing it ?? :-(

How can an entry/icon disappear from the menu "just like that".

XawTV is still there thanks God, it starts just fine from a terminal,
but the menu icon is gone !

Before Ubuntu, I was using Mandrake 9.2. Sometimes, when you installed
some packages/programs, it would destroy the entire menu. Removing the
package would bring the menu back into shape. Weird.

But Ubuntu Warty isnot Mandrake...and I have not installed anything
before the XawTv icon disappeared.

Any idea ? Anyone seen this before on Warty ?

Vince