problems with SD Memory card Reader/Writer

Luis Murillo lmurillo at gmx.net
Fri Feb 11 02:44:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 15:09 -0800, larry price wrote:
> presuming that you've already done the obvious (checked that the SD
> card's write protect switch is set correctly)

hmm, I did try it on a WinXP box and it works fine, the switch is in the
non-protected state :)

> try unmounting and remounting it read-write
> if you get errors send them to the list.

I actually did try this, but since I get the write-protected on dmesg it
doesn't mount it as rw even if I tell it o

Now, I did reconnect it, it mounts as rw but when I try to write a file
into it I get an error on vim:

"testing.txt" E667: Fsync failed
WARNING: Original file may be lost or damaged
don't quit the editor until the file is successfully written!

I have also tried to create a directory using Nautilus and it gives me
an I/O error, I can view the data in the card but can't modify it.

The file isn't created and dmesg looks like:
http://lcmurillo.spymac.net/dmesg021005

I guess it's still isn't working :(
I have connected other USB Flash Drives and they do work correctly.

I'm using Hoary
--
Luis Murillo <lmurillo at gmx.net>