Re: Matrox harddisk doesn´t show

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 16:35:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:13:36 +0000, Thomas Beckett
<thomas.beckett at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:45:55 +0100, Vincent Trouilliez
> <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> > > Running the installation on CD. Ubundu makes it´s own file system and
> > > all seems to be okey. After rebooting ubuntu doesn't find a harddrive?

I've seen this problem too on a very new system that I built myself,
but that was because I had both an IDE and a SATA disk installed,
which seems to confuse the bios. I second the suggestion to reboot, go
into the BIOS setup (press F2 or whatever, depending on the
motherboard) and then try to find a section to `find disks.'  The
problem for me only happened the first time I installed the disk, and
once the BIOS discovered it and I set it as a boot device, I was home
free.