K3B having problems with Bluecurve???

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 06:00:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 07:48:38 -0800, Chuck Vose <vosechu at gmail.com> wrote:
> No worries about the .ICEauthority, easy thing.
>
> What you need to do is type `sudo chown username:username
> /home/username/.ICEauthority` in a terminal. Replace username with
> your username of course.
>
> One problem down, I'm going to try to figure out what's going on with
> cdrecord in the meantime. Sounds like you're on the right path at
> least, everything is working except cdrecord is freaking out when it
> detects the media in the drive.
>
> While I'm looking about would you mind stealing a cd from a friend and
> trying a burn on different media? Probably won't help but sometimes
> freaky things happen.

OK, I plugged in a BAFO USB 2 CD-R, RW, DVD-R into my Ubuntu Warty
box. It isn't listed in the "computer" window, but if I put an audio
CD in, it starts playing and if I place a data CD in, it shows up on
the desktop. GnomeBaker will not recognize it, but if I place an
unused CD-R in, the CD Creator window pops up. The drive is listed in
CD Creator as: CDRW/DVD SBW242U. I tried copying .wav files to the
Creator window to burn a CD and successfully burned a CD. I was trying
to burn an audio CD, but ended up burning a data CD with .wav files on
it. Not really sure how that happened... I have now ascertained that I
can burn a CD with my system, but something weird is still happening
somewhere.

Cheers,

Brian