Screen Capture tool?

piltdown piltdown at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 9 23:17:19 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:36:00 +1030, squareyes wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 22:33 +0000, piltdown wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a screen capture tool that can grab a section of the
>> screen after a specific delay to be pasted into a word processor for
>> tutorial creation purposes?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Hi,
> have you tried "The Gimp", can always crop the area you want to use.
> Take Care
> Winton

Thanks for your reply.

I have used GIMP but, well, I guess I'm being lazy. I'm looking for a
program similar to one called Screenrip for Windows. Screenrip allows you
to capture areas, windows etc. from where you can simply copy and paste
in to a word processing doc - bypassing the need for cropping, saving and
importing. When you are producing tutorials with a *lot* of screen shots
it really saves time being able to grab, copy and paste rather than grab,
crop, save and then import.