Installing applications

Jon Dixon dixon.jon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:25:01 UTC 2005

Hi

Ubuntu releases keep up with the releases of the GNOME desktop I
believe, and release during the same time period.

Ubuntu will wait until GNOME freezes before putting their glossy bits
and preferences into the packages, etc.

Odd about the GNOME release date, but I definitely read about the way
they planned the Ubuntu releases.

- Jon

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:00:16 +0100, Vincent Trouilliez
<vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> > Hi Vincent
> >
> > I believe the menu system will be fixed when GNOME have finished
> > tweaking their work on the version Ubuntu Hoary will be using.
>
> Huuu, I am not sure I understand. You make it sound like the Gnome team
> are working with Ubuntu to give us a customzied version ?
> Would be great, because otherwise, the menu system is unlikely to be
> fixed, as Gnome will be released in only 4 weeks so I assume they are
> past the "feature freeze" step ? Hence, too late to fix the menu
> system...  :-/
>
> Vince

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.
   - Isaac Asimov