Synaptic Touchpad

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat Feb 5 01:13:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 02:48:35PM -0600, Santiago Erquicia wrote:
> I just installed Warty on a new computer that has a synaptic touchpad.
> Everything works fine but I would like to change some settings and I
> don't know neither if it is possible or how should I do it.
>
> I would like to change:
>
> * Get rid of the horizontal scroll or make it only scroll and don't go
> to a previous page as it does in a web browser

You can't make it scroll and not work throug the history; the way the
history stuff works is by hijacking horizontal scrolling for its own
nefarious purposes.

> * When I press the pad (I think it is call tap in??) to make a click, I
> want it to be a left-click and not a middle-click as it is by default.
> I want it to be the same as in windows.

The default is to left-click.

> * I want to make it less touch  sensible.  Right now, maybe I just touch
> it with my hand when trying to write something in the keyboard (it is
> really close) and suddenly my cursor moves to other place and makes me
> do a lot of mistakes
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?

If you look at the settings with 'synclient -l', there should be some
sensitivity-related settings for you to adjust.