Import Photo Problems in Warty.

Brian Durant linuxnewbiedk at yahoo.dk
Thu Feb 3 12:52:06 UTC 2005

http://www.gphoto.org/doc/manual/FAQ.html#FAQ-camera-support
> for the
> explanation).  What you want is pimp, from Oliver
> Grawert
> (http://www.grawert.net/software/pimp/), which
> imports pictures from
> that type of camera.

I just installed pimp. I get prompted twice if I want
to import pictures, but except for that the program
works great. Actually, I am very happy to find out
that Olympus camers don't really need the gphoto
method to import pics, as it does show up as a USB
drive, which is the most open (source??) way of
dealing with this issue. Newbies like myself can get
confused however when both happen at once.

Cheers,

Brian