Newest Hoary Synaptic - Repo Handling

Kent Frazier kentfrazier at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 08:59:21 UTC 2005

So I just updated to Synaptic 0.56 in Hoary, and I have to say that I
am not too fond of the new Repostories dialog.  I understand what it
is going for, and I appreciate it's simplicity, but it also removes a
lot of the functionality that was there before.  For instance, I like
to keep some repositories around such as the Debian-Marillat repo.  I
usually leave these commented out, and then just activate them when I
need them.  Before, I could just check the box next to an entry in the
dialong and it would activate and deactivate it.  Now, I see to have
to add and remove these repos when I want to use them, which is a huge
hassle.  The new layout is nice if these issues are addressed, but
there is such a thing as too much simplification.  Are these upstream
changes or Ubuntu specific ones?

Kent