Ubuntu installer

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Feb 2 04:22:41 UTC 2005

> Yes, you can install from the network, but this can take a long time
> depending on your available bandwidth.

I have just got 1Mbps, as far as I can see so far, it's about 120KB per
second. Not a lot I guess for a network install...

> If you intend to test more than once,

Yes, I have decided I love Ubuntu so much that from now on, I will help
by testing it and giving ideas to improve user friendlyness and
"polish".

> this is not generally your best option.

Okay !

> A better way is to do what I do, and invest in some rewritable media (I use
> DVD+RW, others use CD-RW or other varieties of rewritable DVD media).  This
> is simpler, cheaper (if you buy good quality media which can be rewritten
> many times) and more ecologically sound than using single-use media.

Hmm yes, if RW CD's are reliable, I think I will take this route...I
too, don't like the idea of wasting plastic/CD's if possible...

Vince