Ubuntu installer

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Feb 2 03:45:02 UTC 2005

I just installed a new hardrive in my machine, on which I intend to
install/try all the "Array" Hoary CD's, while leaving my Warty on the
main hard drive.
But there will be quite a few Arrays before Hoary is released, and
although I got hold of an old Cd writer for free, I can't justify
wasting CD just for that.
So can I just download the ISO and install Hoary from a hard drive ?
And can I install from the network, directly from the Ubuntu server ?

This morning a friend re-installed his system, Mandrake 10.1c, and it
showed a nice little menu giving the choice between NFS, http, ftp, and
local ISO install, would be good Ubuntu offered the same, very flexible
and convenient.

Vince