sudo blocks aliases

James Diehl jms_diehl at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 30 05:28:54 UTC 2005

Hey, we're all learning here!  When I've quit learning, I'll have probably quit breathing too!

Vram <lamsokvr at xprt.net> wrote: On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 15:10 +1100, William Grant wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 19:20 -0800, James Diehl wrote:
> > It's not a shell called Ubuntu.  In the synaptic pkg. mgr., if you
> > switch to status mode, at the end of the line for each item under
> > installed version/latest version, it will say Ubuntu or whatever.  If
> > you open the tabs in the lower box, you can get a description and
> > explanation for the items.
>
> The default shell that Ubuntu (along with the vast majority of other
> distributions) uses is bash. bash = Bourne Again SHell. Because of this,
> commands for bash will run fine in bash, therefor in Ubuntu. Get your
> facts straight, Vram, please.
>
> William.

Thanks for the feed back...

And the reason I thought dash was the default shell..

If you look through /bin

Dash is the second shell and the man page says it is the default shell

But, then again I think the man page lied...

I am trying to get my facts straight..

Thank YOU!!!  hehe

Vram