sudo blocks aliases

James Diehl jms_diehl at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 30 03:20:44 UTC 2005

It's not a shell called Ubuntu.  In the synaptic pkg. mgr., if you switch to status mode, at the end of the line for each item under installed version/latest version, it will say Ubuntu or whatever.  If you open the tabs in the lower box, you can get a description and explanation for the items.

Vram <lamsokvr at xprt.net> wrote: On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 18:11 -0800, James Diehl wrote:
> The Ubuntu shell is a small shell that works with Debian, not bash or
> korn.
> If you want to use the bash codes, you will have to change your shell
> to the Bourne Again shell (3.05 I believe), that uses the best
> attributes of bash and Korn, or install the larger bash or korn
> kernels.  I have tried several bash codes in terminal with the smaller
> Debian, and it didn't even recognize the codes I entering.
> Diehl, James

I don't see a shell called Ubuntu

Where is it???

Vram