Zope problems

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 08:43:33 UTC 2005

> > Now am I reading this right?  ZOPE FAILED TO LOAD BECAUSE IT COULDN'T
> FIND A
> > README FILE?!?!?!
> It looks like it did. I would try a '$sudo touch README.txt' at the
> indicated URI.

I did the functional equivalent (ln -S to a README down one layer).  It
still vomited.

> Where is this "just work" thing now?  I'd like to find it and add it to my
> > Ubuntu installation.  Synaptic, however, doesn't seem to have anything
> like
> > it in its repositories.
> You can add all the repositories you need in Synaptic. Please visit the
> menus,
> It's very intuitive.

You missed the sarcasm, I'm afraid.  I'm looking for the "just work"
repository instead of the repository where things don't work.  ;-)

Anyway, the problem was solved by scorching Zope 3 and installing Zope
2.8instead.  Very strange.  Zope
2.7 fails.  Zope 3 fails.  Zope 2.8 works great.  Someone needs to put a
note on that.  "Install this version only if you want something that doesn't
work right."