Ubuntu is under attack

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Tue Dec 20 15:08:10 UTC 2005

Graham said...
> On Sunday 18 December 2005 13:55, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>
> if Debian provided as good an installer
> as Ubuntu, there would be no need for Ubuntu as a stand-alone distro.

I wholeheartedly agree. I run Debian mainly, but I recently decided to
give it a go on a new laptop. I "wasted" a lot of time, over a few weeks
elapsed, getting the wireless nic, modem, SATA controller, Nvidia card,
and so on to work properly. On the other hand, everything worked first
time after the Ubuntu install.

So, for me, it's Debian everywhere, except on laptops, where Ubuntu is
king. I'd be tempted to use Ubuntu on future desktop installs were it
not for the worrying trend alluded to in this thread.

--
Best,
Marc