ubuntu on homebuilt box

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Dec 19 23:29:34 UTC 2005

Wade Smart Wrote:
> 12192005 1710 GMT-5
> The BIOS is not related to the BIOS so yes, you can run only Linux.
> When your system starts up you will see a little note: F10 for BIOS,
> something like that.
> That is how you edit that.
> Wade
I dont quite think that is what he means. Sometimes, if your BIOS
software (on the chipset) needs updated. Often the update from the
manufacturer is a .exe that creates a boot floppy that upgrades the
BIOS. In -that- way its tied to windows.

If thats what your wondering. Often a app called WINE can be used to
make the floppy. Or Im sure some good Ubuntu folk would be able to help
you.

I would say dont worry. ;)

MetalMusicAddict at UbuntuFourms

--