Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Imre Tuske imre.tuske at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:40:48 UTC 2005

I don't like Gnome, so I use Kubuntu, and I must say that the KDE desktop
(amongst lots of others) beats Windows any time. Much more elegant and
sophisticated. (My personal opinion is that the WinXP skinnability was
"strongly influenced by" these window managers, so to speak :))

I'm a 3d graphic artist, therefore I have the same problem as the others of
"my kind" :) there's no good Photoshop alternative (at least what I'm aware
of). And GIMP doesn't seem to be an equivalent -- not it's capabilities, but
the UI. (Although I'm planning to give it a second, more serious try,
perhaps I can get used to its awkwardness :))

I wish we somehow got "back" to the situation of pre-MS times, when there
were multiple platforms and operating systems :)

imre

--
[ Imre Tuske | http://... | mailto:imre.tuske at gmail.com ]