Ubuntu is under attack

Olafur Arason olafra at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 22:33:11 UTC 2005

I think this proves the point of why not to have postfix, let me explain.
All of these point are important, and even more important then having
to start evolution and read through dosent's of email just to see if
your antivirus has deleted any files. You want notification through
your GUI if that is what you are using see:
http://live.gnome.org/UnixPowerForDesktop

I think it is very important to make a list and you can host it on the
wiki, because Ubuntu isn't about dumbing things down, though the
MenuRevisted is pushing some bounderies. It's about having a
good solution for something, not just a solution. Like telling
people to go to the terminal and typing something or recompiling
the kernel. For people that don't know computer, a relativly simple
task as setting up an email through the phone can be dificault, trust
me. It's important to have as few moving parts.

If you are losing some ability like described in the email below then
it's important to write it down, and by ability I meen I don't know what
my antivirus is doing because there is no postfix, not there is no
postfix by default, then clamscan can depend opon postfix or a better
system.

Olafur Arason