Skype or Gizmoproject.com was: Re: Has UbuntuReplacedWindowsonYour Box?

Phillip Sc. Boegh psb at ipl.dtu.dk
Sat Dec 17 23:15:14 UTC 2005

>> > Gizmo is not available in any repo that I know of.  Since it is open
>> > source, and already sort of Debian/Ubuntu friendly (since they
>> > provides deb files), I suspect it coule make it into Debian/Ubuntu one
>> > of these days.
>> I have suggested that - but it is seldom we get answers from the
>> Ubuntu-guys. They ar bussy - but sometimes we want to help and they do
>> not
>> reply that either?
>
> if you want to help form something like this, you simply have to join
> MOTU; everyone is welcome:
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU
The idea is fine if it is just to place a program in the repository, but
if it is helping with spreading Ubuntu, MOTU is not useable. And Canonical
that finance spreading the Ubuntu CD's they do not answer on requests? I
like to help making new ways to spread Ubuntu then:

I like to create a virtual LIVE -Online-Ubuntu so you can try Ubuntu on
the net without installing (just like the live-CDs starting from CDs)
I like to physical spread thousands of pre-installed computers with Ubuntu
but noone from the Ubuntu team cares?
I like ...

Where to go with Ubuntu projects if not Canonical?

Best regards

Phillip
Regards

Phillip