VMWare Player in Multiverse?

Mehdi Hassanpour mehdi.public at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 06:36:59 UTC 2005

Can you please tell me which version of VMWare you are using that has good
speed and you have tested that on Breezy...
I need a testing area, Qemu is very slow and I cannot work with that and
I've heared VMWare is not a free software and we should register that to
use... do you know any free other free solution ?

Thanks Friends
Mehdi

On 12/16/05, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 21:11 +0100, Max Andersen wrote:
> > leon wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, I haven't used qemu scared of its speed. VMware is
> > > already very slow and I read comment somewhere that qemu is slower
> even
> > > with accelerator.
> > >

> > Vmware (the version I use), is very fast. I run my XP in my vmware on
> > ubuntu, and it's faster than my other XP in boot and operation.
> >
> > So, sayingt vmware is slow, must mean you have a very old version or
> > outdated hardware for this purpose.
>
> Hmmm, I can only agree. I run VMware in Breezy with a 4 year old
> motherboard, modest 1.5GHz CPU with 768 of RAM, and I was amazed to see
> that Windows XP runs actually better as a guest than as a host on the
> same machine, a technical wonder. However, strangely, runnning Dapper in
> VMware is very sluggish to say the least. Good enough for the purpose
> (testing it and reporting bugs), but I couldn't use it for production
> work if I needed to.
>
> So if WinXP is fast as a host but slow in VMWare, I think it's probably
> lack of RAM. I think 512MB is a minimum to be really comfortable a
> modern Desktop like Gnome and big apps. But I am even happier now I
> upgraded to 768. The more RAM the better :-)
>

> --
> Vince

Yours Sincerely, Mehdi Hassanpour
/* Of one Essence is the human race,