Evolution: images in HTML messages

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Wed Dec 14 09:42:45 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have so far thought that there's a problem in Evolution with showing
images in HTML messages, but just found out that one just have to change
a setting to enable them.

I wonder if it would be better to make showing images the default
behaviour. Many inexperienced people propably think that images are
missing for the same reason as they are not beeing able to see flash
presentations or most videos. When people browse the internet they
always can see the images on the pages and don't expect to have to
change a setting to be able to see images on HTML messages.

I guess the reason for the current behaviour is to save bandwith, which
is good in itself. One solution might be to enable images, but with the
first message containing them explaining the bandwith prolbem and asking
the user if he doesn't want images to be downloaded in the future.

What do Evolution people and others think?

Ari Torhamo