How do you know what app is available from where, and by what name?

Hodgins Family ehodgins at telusplanet.net
Tue Dec 13 15:14:02 UTC 2005

Good morning!

If I suspect that Ubuntu has a package but I don't what Ubuntu calls it, I
head here first: http://packages.ubuntu.com/breezy/allpackages and start
Ctrl-Fing

> How do you know know what the application you want is named as? Is it
> named as opera and the version number? Or some other scheme?

If I have no luck here that means Ubuntu doesn't directly support/maintain
the package (for instance, you won't see Pine here).

That doesn't mean a Ubuntu-useable version of the package does not exist, so
the next step that I'd do would be to google for the package and Ubuntu
hoping that someone has an Ubuntu-useable package and has provided its
complete name. Doing this for Opera and Ubuntu got me this page:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=78468 among others ( )

HTH

Rob