BB release candidate problems with raid and LVM on install

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Dec 12 16:42:35 UTC 2005

I'm now into this wonderfull mess as well. Trying to setup SATA RAID1
and RAID5 environment using LVM.

Have spend allready 2 days on it, and am getting quite far, but still
so many errors. Cleaning out the first secors of the disks is definitly
a good idea. Because  messing about with RAID and LVM settings tends to
screw things up (i.e. it suddenly reads partition info from an extended
partition you thought you deleted before).

Currently i also just think that the server installer simply doesn't
work properly with raid and lvm. I wonder if this has been tested at
all before? Think i'll sign up as a tester, seems like they need more
people.

Good side of all this is that i've learned a lot more now about lvm and
raid. so guess these 2 days have been worth something though (still no
running server though!).

Also bit worried what the next Ubuntu release will do to my manual
setup raid and lvm config. Allready read stories about Breezy
corrupting Hoary filesystems that were on a raid. So note to self to
get the tapedrive out of the cupboard before i do a dist-upgrqade!

--
carlos at hideout