cpufreq and powersave

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Dec 10 23:58:42 UTC 2005

>From /usr/share/doc/powernowd/README.Debian:
" If you use a prebuilt 2.6
kernel package, all the required kernel modules are included.  You just
need
to ensure they are loaded (cpufreq_userspace, and on my system also
speedstep_centrino)."

In my case I used the "modconf" program (it's in Universe), and after
executing it:

Code:
--------------------
    sudo modconf
--------------------

I added the powernow-k8 module(inside
/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/).

But I initially didn't have battery monitoring working, so I followed
ubuntu's wiki instructions from:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ACPIBattery

For my own laptop, the last instructions from the above website didn't
do anything, and only following the slightly different final
instructions from http://crippledcanary.se/?page_id=9 did I make it
work.

--
jobezone