Keyboard repeates characters & wrong system clock

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 18:53:10 UTC 2005

Philip Axer wrote:
> The major problem is that my keyboard repeats the pressed charactes
> suddenly! This isn't X fault, the error occurs on the other virtual
> consols either! This is very ugly and occurs only when the system runs
> some hours.

That sounds weird. Have you made sure you have the correct keyboard
setting (ie. US 102-key, etc.)? Have you tried a different keyboard? Are
there any other system problems?

This is a long-shot, but have you tried booting into memtest (should be
a grub menu entry)? I once had a bad block of RAM and things only
started to go screwy after a certain period of usage time. I guess if a
memory register in the upper area is bad, the system won't encounter it
immediately until after a while of caching/reading/writing etc. The most
noticeable problem I was getting, were open apps just suddenly
vanishing... no error, no dialog. Just open one instant, gone the next.

Good luck!

-Steve.
--
Thunderbird :: Reclaim your Inbox :: getthunderbird.com