Ubuntu Live and sshd

Mario Splivalo mario.splivalo at mobart.hr
Wed Dec 7 07:41:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 14:28 -0500, Al Gordon wrote:
> On 12/6/05, Mario Splivalo <mario.splivalo at mobart.hr> wrote:
> > Ubuntu Live doesn't come with sshd? Can that be fixed?
>
> sudo apt-get install openssh-server
>
> It'll only work until you reboot, however.

I'm talking about ubuntu-live. I can't apt-get install anything there.

I'd prefer Ubuntu live over Knoppix, but, on Knoppix I could do:

/etc/init.d/ssh start

Ubuntu Live doesn't come with sshd. I just tought it would be handy to
have sshd prepared when booting from Ubuntu Live CD.

Is there any special reason why sshd is not on liveCD?

	Mario