GNOME panel configurations

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 23:18:23 UTC 2005

The default panel setup Ubuntu uses is okay, but how do different people on
this list configure their panels? Do people use panels other than the GNOME
panel? Links to screenshots?

I can never come up with anything more satisfying than the default Ubuntu
setup. But I don't like that setup too much. For one thing having two panels
taking up screen space all the time seems a bit of a waste, and most of the
top panel is just empty and grey. I think I've come to the conclusion that
the default setup Ubuntu uses, probably just the GNOME default, was very
carefully chosen, because there doesn't really seem to be a better way with
these panels.