Installing Ubuntu on SATA RAID 0

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:56:39 UTC 2005

On Windows, the proprietary fakeraid driver comes on a floppy disk that the
Windows installer asks for. As I understand it dmraid is what will
(hopefully) take the place of this Windows driver. If I downloaded the
dmraid package onto a disk, might there be any way to interrupt the Ubuntu
installer, load this package, then continue with the normal installation?