Network Printer not responding

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Dec 6 16:59:00 UTC 2005

I have the same issue. If I use HPOJ, I can access my scanner (hp 2510)
just fine through sane via gimp.
If I use the HPLIP instead of HPOJ, then I have to launch sane via cmd
line and specify the hpaio: address.
Why can I not use sane through gimp with HPLIP?
Why does my printer fail if I try to use the hp: IPP but works just
fine using JetDirect?

I did notice I am using the HPLIP from the repos (version 0.9.5).  The
newest one (0.9.7) has a fix for Ubuntu users.  I wish it was in the
repo...I have already requested it from Backports. ...more voices might
help.
Thread on ubuntuforums:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=98497

--