Version conflict with libgl1-mesa-dev

Tim Frost timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Tue Dec 6 09:41:31 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 13:41 -0500, Kort, Eric wrote:
> Hi.  I need to install libgl1-mesa-dev in order to enable OpenGL support
> in my QT projects.  However when I try to install it on my Breezy system
> (with Synaptic) I get the following irreconcilable version collision:
>
> libgl1-mesa-dev:
>   Depends: libgl1-mesa(=6.3.2-0ubuntu6) but
> 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1 is to be installed
>
> Is there an update to libgl1-mesa-dev that is compatible with the latest
> libgl1-mesa, or can I hack my way around this dependency?  If I try to
> force the prior version of libgl1-mesa, synaptic wants to install
> ubuntu-desktop and x-window-system-core, so that does not appear to be
> an option.

It appears that both packages have been updated.  apt-cache policy
reports 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1 as in breezy-updates for both packages
(where 6.3.2-0ubuntu6 is the version that was used when breezy was
released):
tim at marvin:~$ apt-cache policy libgl1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa
libgl1-mesa-dev:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1
  Version table:
     6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1 0
        500 http://127.0.0.1 breezy-updates/main Packages
     6.3.2-0ubuntu6 0
        500 http://127.0.0.1 breezy/main Packages
libgl1-mesa:
  Installed: 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1
  Candidate: 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1
  Version table:
 *** 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1 0
        500 http://127.0.0.1 breezy-updates/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     6.3.2-0ubuntu6 0
        500 cdrom://Ubuntu 5.10 _Breezy Badger_ - Release amd64
(20051012) breezy/main Packages
        500 http://127.0.0.1 breezy/main Packages

(I am running apt-proxy on my system, hence the http://127.0.0.1 URL
base)

You will need to upgrade both packages in the same Synaptic operation.

> Thank you,
> -Eric Kort
> This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you.

Tim