Multiple hard drives

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Mon Dec 5 20:54:51 UTC 2005

It sounds like you got grub installed on the third hard disk, so you
have to have your bios set to boot from there or it doesn't load grub.
If you have your bios boot from the disks with windows, then grub does
not enter the picture.

You should be able to configure grub by editing your menu.lst so that it
can boot the windows installations, and leave your bios set to boot the
third drive.  Then you can choose at boot time which of the 3 systems
you want grub to load.  I know that this is possible, but I'd have to
spend some time playing with it and reading the man pages to do it, so I
can't describe to you how off the top of my head.