Multiple hard drives

adel wollemas adefreeman at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 17:39:17 UTC 2005

 I am totally new to Linux and Ubuntu. But guess what, my first installation went smoothly and I am even writing this email from Ubuntu.

My problem is that I have three hard drives: 1. Maxtor SATA drive 80 GB. running Winxp professional. 2. Western Digital standard ide 40 GB running Windows 2000 professional. 3. Last but not the least is Maxtor standard ide 10 GB running UBUNTU.

The only way I can boot UBUNTU is if I set it as the first choice on the boot sequence in Bios. If it is not the first choice, then I get the option of winxp or win2k. My guess is that grub is not seeing the other two os. Can somebody help me?

Thanks for your help

Adel