[breezy install] LVM option?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Dec 5 20:06:38 UTC 2005

David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

> Now I select "Finish partitioning and write changes to disk"... the
> screen goes blank for a moment, and then reappears just as it was!
>
> Okay, I <Go Back> and try again.  Same result :(.  Maybe it was that
> ERROR!!! that is hurting me.  Well, it advised a reboot before
> attempting to use something, so I'll ctrl-alt-del... and start again.
> Hopefully I will have created some useful partitions and won't have to
> go through this exercise again...

Unfortunately, I did have to go through the whole exercise again.  I
think the behavior mentioned above is what you get when some of the
LVs are not assigned a filesystem type -- I must've overlooked that
mistake at the time, but it would have been useful to get some kind of
diagnostic.  I'm now over the first part of the install process (the
part that uses the CD).  I'd like it if all this information could be
used to help improve the usability of the installer somehow.  Who can
make a difference in that and ought to be looking at this thread?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting