Install Ubuntu on a system that already has windows XP

R.L.Reingard list.account at gmx.net
Sun Dec 4 07:58:02 UTC 2005

> Am 03.12.2005, 12:50 Uhr, schrieb Umut Tabak
> <umut.tabak at student.kuleuven.be>:
> I have a Win XP professional with SP2 working on my current system. I
> want to install Ubuntu along with Linux(on my Dell Latitude D610
> laptop with 1GB ram and 2GHz processor). My HD(60 GB) is comprised of
> only one NTFS partition. I have read that I could partition the drive
> with ntfs resizer with a live CD(such as KNOPPIX).

hi,
ubuntu will detect XP during installation and you can keep it so. there is
no need of resizing the harddisk as it is done by the ubuntu installation
process. the only thing you have to tell is how big you want the different
partitions. filesystem of ubuntu will be EXT3 by default.
also have a look at this link, to check if someone already has made an
installation on a laptop like yours.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam

regards,
René