syncing my pocket pc with evolution via multisync/opensync/synce

Jeff Co hanzjordan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 15:13:02 UTC 2005

Hello,
I'm using multisync (with its friends opensync and synce, I think) to
sync my pocketPC to my UbuntuLinux computer with Evolution 2.4.1.

1. Why is the Appointment-Time wrong? For example, on my PDA, I
entered an appointment for 1:30pm-2:30pm on December 13, Tuesday. But
on Evolution, it shows up as 10:30pm-11:30pm on the same day. The
strange thing is: when I double-click on the appointment in Evolution,
in the "appointment tab" 's "date and time" section, the time is
correct (1:30pm -- 2:30 pm), but the time zone is wrong. The time zone
is at UTC.
I'm currently in Japan. My PDA is set to Japan time. My Ubuntu linux
pc is set to Japan Time, and Evolution is set to Japan Time. Why are
all appointments saved as UTC time zone? Do I have to manually switch
each appointment from UTC to my Japan Time Zone?

2. My contacts in PDAs have a section called "Notes". This is the
place to enter stuff that don't fit in the fill-in-the blank forms
(e.g. Email address, mobile phone number). I make use of the Notes
section to enter information that :I have for that contact. But it
doesn't sync to evolution. What can be done about this?

3. I have synced my tasks from pocket pc pda to ubuntulinux evolution.
On Evo, I have purged the finished tasks. When I click either Sync or
Re-Sync in Multiysync, the finished tasks are not erased from my pda.
I can add tasks into Evo and have it synced to my PDA, and I can add
tasks in my PDA and have it synced to my PC's Evo, but why my pocket
pc recognize that the purged tasks are gone in the Evo2, and thus
remove these completed tasks from itself?

Pocket PC: (HP Jornada 540 Series, SHx SH3 Processor. MS Windows CE
Version 3.0.9348 (Build 9357) (c) 1996-1999 Microsoft Corp).

Multisync 0.82

Evolution 2.4.1

UBuntu Linux 5.10 Breezy Badger with Gnome