Vertical pixel artifacts on Dell 2005FPW

Mark Derricutt mark at talios.com
Sat Dec 3 08:30:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

For the last couple of weeks or so I've been getting regular, but not always
a flickering vertical line of pixels about 2" into the edge of my 20"
widescreen LCD.  This seems to happen under Gnome, PWM, Window Maker, but
NOT when I play a DVD, or play a game in full-screen GL mode, so I'm
somewhat suspecting a problem with X.org (but could be wrong?).

If I turn the monitor off, or change resolutions it goes away, then a few
minutes later it starts again.

The machine is using the non-free Nvidia drivers with a Winfast A340
(Leadtek) graphics card, at a resolution of 1680x1050, has anyone seen
anything similar, or got any suggestions I could try?