OT- Games, gamers, and gaming machines

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Fri Dec 2 15:19:34 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, den 02.12.2005, 16:02 +0800 schrieb Senectus .:
> Reasons why I play Games wholly and Solely on the PC.
> 1) I don't want to fork out for a games console AND a PC.
> 2) 1280x1024@ 32 with 60fps+
> 3) Hate. Console designed controls based around 8way thumb switch and 6 buttons.
> 4) Play without media, so I don't damage any of my game media or
> lose/have them stolen at other houses/lan sessions.
> 5) PC games (that is games made for PC first and not made for Console
> then ported to PC) tend to have more content.
>
> When the PS3 hits the shelve i _may_ reconsider, but I doubt it.

though there is not much info about the ps3 to find, sony said you could
upgrade the ps3 with a harddisk and this hdd would have linux on it.
so a ps3 with keyboard, mouse AND linux could be a nice alternative to a
pc, i think. but lets wait and see whats actually gonna happen.

ulrich
--
ulrich steffens
ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org