Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Dennis_Drescher at sil.org Dennis_Drescher at sil.org
Thu Dec 1 15:38:05 UTC 2005

> This is something of a quick straw poll.  I'd like to know how many
people
> have actually replaced Windows with Ubuntu Linux.

I've been using Linux at home virtually 100% of the time for probably
three years now and at work for almost two years. Earlier this year, when
I got a new Dell laptop, I immediately removed the "Designed for Microsoft
Windows XP" sticker and pasted it on my trash can. I then took the new,
shrink-wrapped OEM Windows XP install disk to my network admin guy and
asked him to give it to someone less fortunate than I. ;-) This machine
has never seen a setup version of Windows on it as I wiped the drive the
day I got it.

I switched several months ago from SuSE to Ubuntu (Hoary) when apps. that
I liked using, like Scribus for example, virtually disappeared from the
distro. I also liked Ubuntu's philosophy so I'll be staying with them for
some time to come.

Regards,

Dennis