Dapper Clearlooks Widget Factory Screenshot

Scott angrykeyboarder at angrykeyboarder.com
Thu Dec 1 01:33:01 UTC 2005

j Mak wrote:
> --- Scott <angrykeyboarder at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:
>
>> j Mak wrote:
>> > I like everything about clearlooks except the
>> window
>> > border. I would like to see versions of it with
>> flat
>> > color border rather than gradient.
>> >

>> It looks pretty flat to me.....
>>

> http://clearlooks.sourceforge.net/screenshots/clearlooks-0.5_1.png
>>

> They are not flat, they are subtle gradients, not very
> trendy anymore; they makes the window feel top-heavy.

Oh OK. I don't fine the look "top-heavy" myself but then,  I am not the
artiste...

Now this, is "top heavy"

http://art.gnome.org/themes/metacity/666

I know I've tried it.

And to me, "not trendy" in the X-GUI world is anything related to
GNUstep/Windowmaker/NEXTstep, Motif, ICEWM or anything using GTK1.

Oh and then there's the previous default GNOME 2 theme which was "Crux"
 and was always rather ugly.

Clearlooks beccame GNOME's default in GNOME 2.10 and is a vast improvement.

I don't have any problem with the Clearlooks Metacity theme. It's not
great, but it's not ugly either.  It's pretty neutral, which I think
might be what they had in mind.

Now if Dapper would just jettison that default brown stuff... ;-)

--
Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com