configuring PCMCIA Wireless card Ubuntu 5.04

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Aug 30 23:33:12 UTC 2005

Deep Thinker wrote:
> On 8/30/05, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
>

>>Go to Starbucks.  Use there wifi to get to the login page.  That will confirm that
>>your hardware is working for non-encrypted connections.
>

> Dude .. I wish you could see the tumbleweed in this ghost town where I am.
>
> Starbucks? That hurts my feelings.
>
> Here ...
>
> 1. Wal Mart closes.
> 2. Traffic light (singular) on caution at 9:00 PM.
> 3. My son is in the 1st grade (public school) with 14 other kids.
>
> ... and I still need help with Wireless for Ubuntu.

ok, skip that idea.

Can you disable the wep on the work AP for a few min while you test?

btw - I have had trouble getting Hoary to "change" ESSID and web settings.  It
seemed once I got it working on one AP, I couldn't get it to change to another,
even if I tried to remove the 1st config (not sure I really knew where the gui was
storing the config.)

^C