book or documentation

Bryan belred at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:14:49 UTC 2005

hi,

i'm currently using kubuntu as my linux system, but as a total linux newbie, i
can't really get around the system using the command line.  i know kubuntu is
debian based so i went browsing at the bookstore for a good debian book, but i
haven't found anything i like yet.  too much of the books i see a devoted to
gnome or gnome apps and i'm not really interested in that.  i'm also not really
interested in learning kde with a book either since i feel comfortable clicking
around and figuring everything out on my own... so i don't feel i'm getting my
money's worth from those types of books.  but when it comes to the command line,
i feel i need help.  i would prefer a debian slant to the book or documentation
so i could understand kubuntu better.  i would even be happy with a something
off the web that is newbie friendly and complete.

thanks,

bryan