Java in PPC Ubuntu

linuxkg100 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Aug 29 04:24:15 UTC 2005

:|  yeah I tried to get the java plugin to work as well, but no such
luck, can anyone help us figure this out.. I'm using Hoary 5.04 and i
tried all kind of ways to get it to work. I even went to the java
website, did this.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000010500.xml#selfextracting

1.  Go to the plugins sub-directory under the Mozilla installation
directory

cd <Mozilla installation directory>/plugins

2. In the current directory, create a symbolic link to the JRE
ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so file Type:

ln -s <JRE installation
directory>/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

Example:

* If Mozilla is installed in this directory:

/usr/lib/mozilla-1.4/

* and if the JRE is installed at this directory:

/usr/java/jre1.5.0

* Then type at the terminal to go to the browser plug-in
directory:

cd /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4/plugins

* Enter the following command to create a symbolic link to
the Java Plug-in for the Mozilla browser.

ln -s /usr/java/jre1.5.0/plugin/i386/ns7

/libjavaplugin_oji.so .

3. Start Mozilla browser or restart it if it is already running.
Note that if you have other Mozilla components (ie: Messenger,
Composer, etc) running, you will need to restart them as well.

4. Go to Edit > Preferences. Under Advanced category > Select Enable
Java

and you think it would work, but no such luck.  need some guidance you
Admins out  there. Thanks in advance.  :roll:

--
linuxkg100