Breezy, beagle and Evolution

Peter Lieverdink ubuntu at cafuego.net
Sun Aug 28 03:34:51 UTC 2005

You can check that Evolution mail is set to be indexed with one of the
beagle-index-info (or somesuch) tools. it certainly can index Evolution
mail. Mine has indexed about 40,000 mails spread over 3 IMAP servers and
happily searches all of them.

I did, however, initially set BEAGLE_EXCERCISE_THE_DOG=1 (check docs for
exact syntax) before I started the indexer on its first run, to *force*
it to index my entire homedir.

This *will* slow your machine down quite a lot, but you could for
instance run it overnight. (Like we used to do with kernel compiles in
1993 ;-)

- Peter.