Breezy, beagle and Evolution

Russell Cook bike_oz at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 28 01:07:09 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 17:48 -0700, Jim Richardson wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 10:32 +1000, Russell Cook wrote:
> > Hi Jim,
> > I'm not sure about later alpha's but it was my understanding it only
> > supported Thunderbird at this stage.  That said, filters in
> Evolution
> > are quote good.
> >

> I must admit that the resources used by Evolution are making me
> consider
> another mailapp. Eepecially as I don't seem to be using the rest of
> Evo
> other than Mail. It's not a bad app really, it's just... big.

True it is a bit chunky, but there's not that much in the resident set.

I also don't use the calendar often but it's nice that it's integrated.
The other thing like about evolution over thunderbird (and I do prefer a
gui mailer so have ignored the text ones :-), is it seems much more
responsive in its user interface. This is especially true on my fathers
900MHz Duron machine.

But that's one of the nice things about standards, and OSS we have some
choice without it costing an arm and a leg.

> > On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 15:16 -0700, Jim Richardson wrote:
> > >
> > > Beagle seems quite nice, but it's not indexing or searching emails
> for
> > > me, I can try searches for stuff that I know show up in evolution
> > > emails, but get no results. Is there a switch I am missing or
> > > something?
> > >

> --
> Jim Richardson http://www.eskimo.com/~warlock
> Words fail me. Thank goodness I can make gestures. -- Mark Hughes (in
> asr - 2001

Kind Regards Russell
www.windsorcycles.com.au
sales at windsorcycles.com.au