Ubuntu "Breezy Badger" missing glxgears?

Bob Hentges bob.hentges at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:31:54 UTC 2005

Hi all.

While I am perfectly conscious of the fact that using Ubuntu Breezy on
a productive system means that I am on my own, at the very moment, I
got a question which I couldn't yet resolve.

My problem at the moment is, that I can not find the binary
"glxgears". While I have been told during my brief escape to the
Ubuntu IRC Channel, that in Hoary it was included or a dependency of
"xbase-clients" this seems not to be true anymore. I have done a
(brief) query on Google, on this same topic, but couldn't come up with
any interesting or relevant information whatsoever.

To continue my quest for a working version of glxgears, I double
checked my experience with a friend, who is using Breezy as well. He
couldn't find "glxgears" either. That is why I am writing this mail.

Is anybody else missing glxgears? Or is there anybody who knows where
I can get it without having to use weird external sources?

Friendly

bob