[MOTU] Need updated versions of packages... where to ask ?

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Sat Aug 27 09:16:20 UTC 2005

Hi Vincent,

Am Samstag, den 27.08.2005, 08:19 +0200 schrieb Vincent Trouilliez:

> Anyhow, I have now the tarball of the up to date package, I have managed
> to compile it on an up to date Breezy, so I guess it must be possible to
> make a package of it and ask the MOTU guys to triple-check it so they
> can upload it to Universe ?? But hey wait a minute, now I think of it,
> when I compiled it, I ran "checkinstall", which did make nice DEB
> package, can't we just upload that to Universe ?? Does the package need
> some further processing before inclusion ??

No Checkinstall is the wrong way. It may help you for now, but not for
the upload to breezy universe.

After all, please join #ubuntu-motu at freenode (IRC) and ask for updating
this package.
Right now, the MOTU Universe needs a lot of love to come to a stable
release. So please help us to achive this goal :)

Finally, you can file a bug on Malone (http://launchpad.net/malone) for
this package and we have a note that this package needs some love as
well.

Regards,

\sh