mkinitramfs modification

Peter Lieverdink ubuntu at cafuego.net
Fri Aug 26 23:17:44 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I had a go of Colony3 on an old B&W G3 Server yesterday and ran into a
bit of a problem; it looks like /dev/md0 doesn't exist on the initrd
image.

I've got root on a raid1 (/dev/md0) which lives on two scsi drives on an
aic7880 contreoller. These get detected fine. I can even create /dev/md0
via mknod in the busybox shell, then start the array via mdadm. I've
modified the mkinitramfs.conf file after doing a rescue boot, so that
raid1 is loaded and the system now knows /dev/md0 is root, but as of
yet, no joy.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone know how I can forcibly add /dev/md0
onto the initrd image?

Cheers,
- Peter.