multi x users

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Fri Aug 26 14:36:17 UTC 2005

I am just curious. Many of the dual head video cards out there (my
nvidia for example) can be enabled by simply creating two different X
servers that both point at the same video card in xorg.conf (same
pci/agp address) without using any special binary driver options (just
the stock nv driver). You get two side by side X servers, but the mouse
is able to pass from one to the other. Why would it not be possible to
run two different X servers and have them respond to different
mice/keyboards? Seems like this should be the default case for the
multiseat package.

Matt